With over 30 years in the industry, ProcessBarron has built its reputation on the quality, durability, and reliability of our centrifugal fans and centrifugal fan designs.
ProcessBarron manufactures and services 1,000 to 7,000 HP centrifugal fans for primary air, forced draft, or induced draft applications.
We specialize in the repair, rebuild, and new fabrication of heavy-duty centrifugal fans for severe industrial applications, including: airfoil fans, forward curved fans, backward curved fans, backward inclined fans, radial blade fans, and radial tip fans.
Solutions for Industrial Fans
Thousands of customers have trusted us to fabricate & repair their air handling centrifugal fans, fan rotors, and complicated structural support. With production facilities in Alabama, we offer turn-key industrial fan solutions from design and fabrication to installation and commissioning throughout the United States, Canada, and Latin America.
Contact ProcessBarron today to speak with our mechanical draft fan sales and engineering experts.
New Centrifugal Fan Design
A centrifugal fan has a moving impeller that consists of a central shaft with a positioned set of blades. Centrifugal fans blow air at right angles to the intake of the fan, and spin the air outwards to the outlet (by deflection and centrifugal force). The impeller rotates, causing air to enter the fan near the shaft and move perpendicularly from the shaft to the opening in the scroll-shaped fan casing. ProcessBarron's centrifugal fans include:
- Airfoil fans
- Forward curved fans
- Backward curved fans
- Backward inclined fans
- Radial blade fans
- Radial tip fans
ProcessBarron’s centrifugal fan design evaluation includes assessment of temperature, abrasion, corrosion, stress, and harmonics to generate the most efficient, economical, and productive centrifugal fan design for your application. All new industrial fans are performance rated and calculated in accordance with AMCA (Air Movement and Control Association) Standard 210-07 Laboratory Methods of Testing Fans for Aerodynamic Performance Rating / ASHRAE Standard 51. Additional centrifugal fan construction services include:
- Finite element analysis for stress analysis of rotors using ANSYS software.
- Centrifugal fan drawings provided in a CAD format (AutoCad) for easy import into existing customer electronic drawings.
- ANSYS CFX - Fluent computational fluid dynamics to analyze and accurately predict fan performance. This computer simulation technique is particularly useful when upgrading a new rotor into an existing housing.
- Modal analysis to determine natural frequencies of the as-built rotor to prevent resonance problems and premature failures.
- All rotating assemblies welded to AWS (American Welding Society) Standard D14.6 "The Specification for Welding of Rotating Elements of Equipment."
- Balance all rotating assemblies to ANSI (American National Standards Institute) Standard S2.19, Grade 6.3.
Fan Repair and Testing Services
ProcessBarron also offers complete fan repair and fan testing for any size or type centrifugal fan impeller, at our facilities or on-site in the field. We are familiar with erosion, corrosion, material fatigue cracking, and a host of operational problems that can lead to catastrophic failure.
Our industrial fan repair, rebuild, and upgrade services can provide years of additional fan service. Learn more about our full range of field and technical services, or call our 24-hour hotline (800-226-3267) for emergency repair and services.